Amazon is among the leading retailers globally. However, despite its prominence, the company still experiences hitches in its delivery system. Like its competitors, Amazon also faces issues such as sending out incorrect items, damaged goods, and packages not being delivered.
Say you bought something on Amazon, but your package didn’t arrive. What is the next course of action? What dispute channels can you use? Keep reading to find out more.
What If My Package Says Delivered, But I Never Received It?
Amazon asks customers to check the delivery address, look around the delivery location, ask neighbors, and wait 48 hours before contacting Amazon support if the package hasn’t turned up. If 48 hours have passed, you have to contact Amazon support to report the package missing and they’ll either send a replacement or refund your purchase.
For more detailed information on what to do if your package says delivered but you haven’t received it, keep reading….
What Does Amazon Advise Customers To Do If A Package Says Delivered And You Haven’t Received It
Amazon has guidelines precisely for situations like these. While some of them might seem pretty obvious, it is essential that you tick them all off.
Here is what to do if your package says delivered but hasn’t arrived:
- Ask Your Neighbors: There are cases where Amazon may deliver your package to your neighbor. You may have written this in your delivery preferences, but forgot about it. If you are free with your neighbors, you might ask them if they received a package on your behalf.
Also, there is a possibility that the delivery agent may have given it to them mistakenly. They might have been in the right location but confused the house address. If you have decent neighbors, they will quickly realize the mistake and give you the package.
- Check the Vicinity of the Point of Delivery: Carriers rarely deliver packages at your front door or porch. This is because of the surge in crime with people stealing packages. To deal with this, agents always place packages in areas that are hard to see. While this ensures package safety, it makes finding the package a strenuous process. For this reason, if you can’t see your package, you could try looking for it at the back door or even near the garage.
- Check with the United States Postal Service (USPS): Often, Amazon partners with the USPS for package deliveries. This is common for third-party sellers. When there are issues with your order, the third-party seller could direct you to the local USPS office. Before heading to them, you will need to have your tracking information with you. This way, they can inform you whether they received your packages or if any challenges arose during delivery.
- Check your order to ensure the shipping address was accurate: You may have inserted the wrong address while filling the delivery instructions. A cross-check may be of great help.
- Look inside your letterbox: Some deliveries could use multiple carriers, and postal service could be one of them. For this reason, you could try checking your letterbox before contacting Amazon.
Please wait for 48 more hours as it isn’t uncommon for packages still in transit to show as delivered.
If you have waited for 48 hours and there is no sign of your package, it is time to contact Amazon directly.
How to Contact Amazon About a Missing Package
To seek help about your missing package, you need to log in to your Amazon account and navigate the ‘Contact Us’ section. Once you are here, you can speak by phone or via bot. Explain your problem to the customer service representative, and Amazon will launch an investigation into your case. Once they’ve established that your claim is genuine, they will issue you a refund. The Amazon Customer Care service is available 24/7.
What Do You Do With Amazon Packages That Aren’t Yours?
When you receive a package you didn’t order, it could result from brushing–a common scam. Brushing scams happen when bad actors send packages to names and addresses available to the public domain.
For this reason, if you get a package you didn’t order, check with family and friends or call customer care to establish whether it is a gift.
Once you’ve reported the package to customer service, they may request you to send them a photo of the package’s shipping labels. If it is a case of ‘brushing’, Amazon will take action against the perpetrators.
Such measures include suspension or removal of selling privileges and withholding payments. As for the item, you could choose to keep or return it.
How To Prevent Missing Package Situations
Seeing that Amazon delivered your package but you’re yet to receive it could cause you frustration and anxiety. Thankfully, there are steps to take to prevent such occurrences. Here are some tips to consider:
Make Good Use Of Delivery Instructions
As you place your orders with Amazon, there is a section that lets you add any further delivery instructions. Many people usually ignore it, but this shouldn’t be the case. Adding further instructions helps your Amazon driver find your house more quickly. While in this section, you could show whether you have a lockbox and how they can locate and open it.
Other people prefer giving their garage code to the driver to place the package there upon arrival. At the very least, ensure your driver knows how to reach your home. You could tell them the color of your house and any landmarks that could aid their navigation.
List Signature as a Requirement
Another way to minimize the chances of our package not arriving is by requiring a signature. Not all carriers need a signature. Amazon particularly doesn’t require a signature for deliveries.
This move has both the bad and the good. The bad? Cases of missing packages will be on the rise. The good? There will be convenience since you do not have to be present to get your package.
If you do not want to deal with the frustrations of tracing your missing package several days later, it is advisable to request a signature. This way, the Amazon driver won’t complete the order without your signature. This will ensure your package arrives at the correct address and to the right person.
To sum it up, just like other delivery companies, Amazon isn’t immune to glitches in the delivery system, such as missing packages. However, the good news is that there are several steps you can take to prevent a repeat.