Amazon is one of the largest online retailers in the world, and as such it does offer a lot of options when it comes to payment methods so that they have more customers and everyone wins, however some payment methods may not be available in your country.
If you were looking to buy something with Google pay on Amazon but don’t really know how to do it or if it’s even possible, then keep reading to find out all you need to know.
Can I Use Google Pay On Amazon?
Unfortunately, you can’t use Google Pay on Amazon. However, there is a method you can use if there is no other way for you to purchase something at the time.
You would have to purchase an Amazon gift card from a third-party website with Google Pay and add the funds to your Amazon account. While you can’t do it directly, this is still an option.
There is a different situation in India, as opposed to other versions of Amazon, India does accept Google Pay as a payment method
If you want to know more about Google Pay and the payment methods accepted by Amazon don’t click away just yet!
How To Use Google Pay In Amazon India?
Since this is the only exception it might be good to know how it works:
- First, just go to Amazon and pick an item you would like to buy and proceed to check out.
- Then add all the delivery information needed at checkout so you can get the item sent to you.
- After that you will enter the payment information, there, you should find an option for UPI which is your unique identifier for Google Pay.
- Once you’ve chosen this option, it will take a moment to verify the details you added.
- That’s it, you’ve successfully used Google Pay and you can complete your purchase.
Amazon Payment Methods
According to Amazon.com, these are the payment methods that are available to use for purchases.
- Visa (including Amazon Signature Visa Rewards Card)
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Credit Builder
- Mastercard / EuroCard
- Discover Network
- American express
- Diner’s Club (US billing addresses only)
- China UnionPay (credit card only)
- Gift cards or prepaid cards Visa, Mastercard or American Express
How Do I Setup a Google Pay Account?
If you are interested in trying Google Pay then follow these steps:
- First download Google Pay from your android or apple phone.
- Then you have to link a bank account or a credit card.
- Finally, you just tap “Payment” and follow the instructions so you can successfully create your account.
Where Can I Use Google Pay?
Even if you can’t make purchases on Amazon with google pay, you might still want to hold on to that money, because there are a lot of places where you can use it.
According to support.google.com, you’ll be able to use Google Pay anywhere from supermarkets and pharmacies to clothing stores and gas stations.
If you want to know more about the stores that accept google pay as a payment method you can go to pay.google.com and see all they have to offer.
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these posts to learn what time does Amazon deliver, what does Amazon delivered to safe place mean, and does Honey work on Amazon.
While you won’t be able to use Google Play on the Amazon page since it’s not a part of the accepted payment methods, you can still have access to Amazon gift cards and purchase anything you want.
You can also consider Google Pay for many other retailers and situations, thanks to its long list of customer and merchant benefits
Leave a Reply