If you’re an Abercrombie customer, you may be wondering if the retailer offers free returns. Abercrombie and Fitch provide free returns for customers who are not satisfied with their purchase.
If you are not happy with your purchase, you can return the item to any Abercrombie and Fitch store within 30 days of the purchase date. The item must be in its original condition, and you must have the receipt to receive a refund. Items purchased on sale or using a promotional code are final sales and cannot be returned.
This is a guide to Abercrombie & Fitch’s return policy. We’ll explain how the company handles returns, what you can and cannot return, what happens if something you buy goes on sale after you’ve already bought it, and more. So let’s get started.
What Is the Return Policy at Abercrombie & Fitch?
The clothing at Abercrombie and Fitch can be returned free of charge, except for hats and t-shirts. The clothes can be returned in good condition for a refund.
Usually, clients must return the item within 30 days (30 days if purchased at a U.S. store location- online or offline) from the original purchase date to receive a refund.
Additionally, they will mail a copy of the original invoice to the client’s designated address for the refund to be processed.
Online Return Policy of Abercrombie
A new, unused item must be in its original packaging. Customers must first contact Abercrombie & Fitch customer service to obtain a return authorization number to initiate a return. Once the customers have received the return authorization number, they can send the clothing back to Abercrombie & Fitch using the provided return shipping label.
- To receive a refund, you must initiate an online return form posted on their website within 60 days of the shipment date. After 60 days and after an e-gift card option isn’t available, the company’s only other option for the refund will be through a credit back to the clients’ account instead.
- To return items purchased online to the store, send them back to A&F at the address below. It’s the customers’ responsibility for return shipping costs, and returns sent by the carrier must arrive at their distribution center within 60 days of the order shipment date.
Abercrombie & Fitch Returns Department
200 Abercrombie Way
New Albany, OH 43054.
- For clients, orders for delivery in Turkey, Lebanon, or the UAE will be placed on the Abercrombie and Fitch website. Once you place an order, they will transfer the order to the eShopWorld webpage to complete the sale and deliver the goods. The contract will be between the clients’ demands and eShopWorld.
- The A & F returns portal is the only place to return online orders; websites may not use the form. A return label will be emailed to customers. Due to customs clearance issues, the company’s fulfillment partner will not receive the package, and it will be returned to the customer. eShopWorld’s Return Gift Terms and Conditions explain how returns are handled.
Store Return & Exchange Policy of A&F
Returns and exchanges are accepted at many Abercrombie stores worldwide, providing the merchandise are in the same condition it was when new.
Exchange is not offered internationally, but returns can be made at a store’s outlet location. A client can only return to stores in the country where the item was purchased and cannot return by mail to an international store.
- 30 days after the original purchase of Abercrombie and Fitch or its kids’ line, the client will be sent a refund for the value, depending on if they bought the item in-store or online.
- In case of dissatisfaction, customers can return merchandise to the nearest Abercrombie & Fitch store (the U.S. or Canada) with a valid I.D., an original sales receipt, or a gift receipt to receive a refund or merchandise credit.
- Merchandise that is returned without a receipt and does not fit the criteria for a merchandise credit will receive a merchandise credit in the local currency equivalent to the lowest price considering its quality.
- For U.S. returns, the stores require a driver’s license or other identification for any return without a sales receipt.
- If a client purchased something and later on it’s cheaper, they need only bring the receipt to the store within seven days of the purchase date, and the store will refund the difference between what the client paid and what it costs now.
- Gift cards cannot be refunded once they have been purchased. Thus, credit amounts cannot be transferred to cash. They maintain the right to refuse any return.
- Returns at the retail level will fall under the terms of the promotion.
- They use an electronic system to access and record client identification information to limit and monitor the number of undeclared returns.
You May Also Be Interested In: Does Abercrombie Price Match?
Abercrombie Return Policy Without Tags
Abercrombie & Fitch has a simple return policy. All items are in the same condition as when received, including the original tags. Returns and exchanges of worn, damaged, or altered items will not be accepted. Shipment costs will be borne by the customer.
Can You Make Abercrombie Returns at Hollister?
Abercrombie & Fitch is currently doing a free return policy at Hollister stores. Clients can return any items bought in the past 30 days for a full refund. All they need to do is bring your original receipt and the item(s) they want to return to the store. If there’s a defect in the product, they will also require pictures of the fault.
Customers can usually return items within a week of receiving them, and the stores will refund them in the same form as their original payment. But under some conditions, clients have to pay the shipping cost. However, Abercrombie and Hollister both offer free returns on most items.
You May Also Be Interested In: Does Abercrombie Own American Eagle?
Does Abercrombie Have Free Returns Online?
Yes, Abercrombie does have a policy of accepting returns for online purchases. The client can return your purchase within 60 days of the purchase date, and they will be refunded in the form of your original purchase price. However, there are a few limitations to this policy:
- Clients must have a receipt to prove the purchase, and the item must be in the same condition as it was sold.
- The return must be made through Abercrombie’s online return system.
- Customers are responsible for shipping both the item and the return to Abercrombie, so make sure you have enough money to cover both costs before submitting a return.
Abercrombie Return Policy on Clearance Items
Abercrombie’s return policy on clearance items:
-Items must be in new condition with all tags attached to be considered for a return.
-All returns must be made within 30 days of the purchase date.
-Shipping and handling fees are not refundable.
Abercrombie Holiday Return Policy
If someone purchases merchandise between November 1 and December 31, they can return it for a full refund in the original form of payment until January 31 of the following year.
This policy is excellent for those who are not sure if they will like the clothing they purchase but do not want to take a chance of it not being returnable. Please remember that all items must be in new, unused condition with original tags attached.
Can You Return An Item To Abercrombie Without a Receipt?
Returns without copies of the original sales receipt or gift receipt will be credited with the lowest price at which the merchandise has been sold.
Can Clearance Items Be Returned At Abercrombie?
Yes, within 30 days, the items can be returned, but they should be in new condition.
Are Hollister Co. and Abercrombie Brands the Same?
Hollister Co. is an Abercrombie & Fitch brand, founded in 2000 and focused on the California lifestyle. Although similar, they are not the same.
Does A Customer Pay The Shipping Cost When Returning The Product?
Yes, the shipping cost must be paid by the client who wants to return the product.
Want to learn more about Abercrombie? You may also be interested in our related article to learn if Abercrombie has Afterpay
Abercrombie & Fitch primarily operates over 800 stores, of which about 175 are Abercrombie stores and 260 are Hollister stores.
With Abercrombie & Fitch becoming a worldwide clothing store, questions like ‘Does Abercrombie have free returns?” are frequently asked. We have attempted to compile this article’s relevant information to answer the question.
The short answer is yes; Abercrombie does have a return policy that allows returns under a few easy conditions. However, they offer a very generous return policy that will enable customers to return most items within a reasonable timeframe without paying restocking fees. In addition, clients can easily send in returns using their online form.