Sprouts Farmers Market is a hypermarket chain that offers a wide selection of organic and natural foods, which include fresh produce, supplements, vitamins, groceries, seafood, deli, baked goods, frozen foods, and household items among others. Their headquarters are in Phoenix, Arizona with more than 340 stores in 23 different states in the United States.
With the latest technological advances which have given birth to multiple methods of cash transactions, customers are given many options to purchase goods online and from stores. Things are no different at Sprouts, with the supermarket chain adopting multiple payment methods.
So does Sprouts accept Apple Pay as a method of payment for their products in 2022? Read on to find out!
Does Sprouts Take Apple Pay?
Sprouts also included the likes of Samsung Pay and Android Pay in their payment methods over the last few years, which came as no surprise, since these tech giants are the market leaders with mobile wallets and smartphones.
If you’re setting up your Apple Pay with your Apple devices for the first time or unsure how to check out your items from the online store via the platform, we’ve compiled the steps for you below!
How Do I Use Apple Pay At Sprouts Farmers Market?
You can use Apple Pay at Sprouts using multiple methods. This includes Apple Pay for in-store Payments via iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or online. The methods below show how you could pay for your goods with ease.
How to use Apple Pay on iPhone
Set up your Apple Pay on your iPhone by going to your ‘Settings’ selecting the ‘Wallet and Apple Pay’ section. Link your payment card of choice with your ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’ and you are good to go!
- To use your default payment card:
- If your iPhone has Face ID, double-click the side button. Verity with your Face ID or enter your preferred passcode.
- This works the same if you use Touch ID by resting your finger on the Touch ID sensor.
- To use a different card linked to your Apple Pay, tap your default card to see your other cards see your other linked cards. To add a new one, add the details of your new card and authenticate it.
- Once you have connected the cards, proceed to the counter and request the Sprouts employee you would like to pay using Apple Pay to make ur payment.
- Hold the top of your iPhone near the contactless reader via the reader until your see Done and the checkmark indicate that your payment has gone through.
How to use Apple Pay on Apple Watch
You need to make sure your iPhone is linked with your Apple Watch with your Wallet and Apple Pay set up.
- Double-click the side button of your watch
- Your default card will pop up automatically. To use another card, scroll down.
- Hold the display of your Apple Watch near the contactless readers until you feel a gentle tap and hear a beep. You will then know that your payment has gone through.
Using Apple Pay Online or via the Sprouts App
You can use Apple Pay to pay on Sprout’s online website or in the Sprouts app.
- Tap the Apple Pay button online or choose Apple Pay as your payment method on the app.
- If you want to use a different card, click the “Next” button until you reach the card of your choice. You could also click the “Expand” button to see all the cards attached to your account in one go.
- To make things smoother, have your details readily filled out. Apple Pay usually stores the information that you have added prior. This would include your billing, shipping, and contact information.
- You can then proceed to confirm and authenticate your purchase via the following methods.
- Devices with Face ID: Double click your power button to activate the FaceID scanner. If that is not available, use your passcode to authenticate.
- Devices with Touch ID: Place your finger on the home button to scan your Touch ID. If that particular feature is unavailable, key in your passcode to authenticate.
- Apple Watch: Use the side button by double-clicking it.
- Mac with Touch ID: Follow the directive prompts on the Touch Bar before scanning your Touch ID. If there are none, follow the prompts for Apple Pay on your screen.
- Mac without Touch ID: Follow the on-screen Apple Pay prompts. Your other option is to use your Bluetooth-connected Apple Devices to approve the transaction. Do ensure that you are using the same Apple ID across all the devices before proceeding with payment.
What Other Payment Methods Does Sprouts Accept?
Sprouts also offer a variety of payment methods to choose from even if you don’t have Apple Pay. Among the other payment methods for you to consider are:
- Debit and Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express)
- Mobile Payments – Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Android Pay)
- Electronic Benefit Transfer Cards (EBT)
- Sprouts Gift Cards
Sprouts Farmer’s Market exercises multiple payment policies which can be summarised below:
- Orders paid for by check, wire transfers, or Automated Clearing House (ACH) Transfers will remain pending until payment is received in full.
- Before a gift card order is shipped, payment must be received in full.
- Once any successful transaction to Sprouts has been approved, customers will be notified via email.
- Customers will be notified when the shipment of products is sent out via email.
Ever since the wave and emergence of smartphone technology across the globe, our cash transactions have evolved with the technology. Apple Pay is one of the easiest ways to make your purchases with ease, speed, and convenience.
Sprouts were quick to implement Apple Pay in 2015 which increases the incentive for Apple users to shop at their stores due to the seamless connection with the Apple ecosystem. The strategy has worked out well so far while giving customers more payment options to ease their shopping experience.
How has your experience been using Apple Pay or any other electronic wallets? Let us know in the comments below!