Imagine, on your daily visit to Subway restraint for that delicious submarine sandwich; you realize you forgot your shopping money at home. You shouldn’t be worried if you have a loaded Apple card with you.
Apple pay has become one of the most convenient ways of payment for people who want to secure their purchases.
If you are a subway customer wondering if Subway accepts Apple pay or not, how about you continue reading this interesting article to find out all you want to know.
Does Subway Take Apple Pay?
Yes. You can use Apple Pay to make payments in any Subway location. In fact, Subway has been accepting Apple Pay since its launch. Along with Apple Pay, Subway customers can pay with cash, credit card (Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and Discover), debit card, and subway gift cards/vouchers.
In fact, the restaurant has advanced its Apple Pay use services.
You can also use Apple Pay to settle curbside orders via the Subway app. Continue reading to know how it works…
How Long Has Subway Been Accepting Apple Pay?
You will be surprised to learn that Subway was among the first restaurants in states to introduce Apple pay as a mode of payment back in 2014. This was when Apple was still finding its way on the market, but Subway had advanced technology ready in place to use its services.
Initially, Subway only allowed the use of Apple Pay for in-store purchases made at the counter.
Today, there are other options for using Apple Pay to access Subway services. You don’t need to be physically at the counter to check out your bills.
Other Forms Of Payments That Subway Accepts
The restaurants work with many other payment methods, including:
- American Express
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Master card
- Barclay card
How To Use Apple Pay On iPhone
Using Apple Pay on your iPhone for the first time may be overwhelming. To begin with, set up your Apple pay. Go to “setting” on your iPhone ” and select ”wallet and Apple pay .”Link the payment card and the Wallet and use it as below:
- To use your default payment card on the Apple pay website, click on the side button of your iPhone, verify your face or finger (at the Touch ID sensor), and enter your passcode.
- If you want to use a different card other than the default one, click on the default card to see the list of cards linked to this account.
- After filtering the preferred card, select or add the new card details and then authenticate it.
- You now have the connected card, and your order is ready; you can proceed to the checkout point.
- Inform the Subway attendant present at the counter that you would like to pay via Apple pay.
- Move your iPhone close to the contactless reader until it connects.
- A checkmark will appear to confirm that your payment is complete.
Read: Is Subway Fast Food?
How To Use The Apple Pay Watch At Subway
To use your Apple watch in Subway, you must link it to your iPhone. You link the watch to your wallet and then set up Apple Pay as follows:
- Double-click on the side button of your Apple watch
- To use the default card, continue with the information that pops up on the screen
- To use another card, scroll down on the popped card and authenticate the new card’s details.
- Hold the Apple watch display close to the contactless reader at the Subway checkout point until you hear a beep and a gentle tap.
- Your payment is complete.
Can I Pay Using Apple Pay Online Via The Subway App?
Subway customers can now pay for in-app orders using their Apple pay account as follows:
- Tap on the Apple button or select Apple payment in the Subway app.
- Select the default card or if you want to pay using a different card, tap on the “next Button” and then scroll down from the default card.
- You can enter your billing, contact, and shipping information. This information is private, and Apple pay stores the store this information to ease the process in case they need you to verify it again.
- Check your order and proceed to confirm your payments by authenticating your transaction as follows:
- Apple devices double-click the power button for a face ID scan or use a passcode.
- Scan your finger at the touch ID or use a passcode in devices without face ID.
- Double click the side button on the Apple watch.
- Follow the prompt directive, scan your face, or follow the Apple pay prompt on Mac with Touch ID.
- For Mac without Touch Id, follow Apple prompts on the screen
- After payment, you will see done and a checkmark.
You can also pay by connecting Apple Bluetooth devices to approve the transaction. To complete this transaction, ensure the Apple ID you are using is similar. After connecting the devices, proceed to payment.
Want to learn more about where Apple Pay is and isn’t accepted? Read our related posts here:
- Does Chick-Fil-A Take Apple Pay?
- Does Menchie’s Take Apple Pay?
- Does Sprouts Take Apple Pay?
- Does Wingstop Take Apple Pay?
Technology has simplified transaction methods. You do not have to walk around with chunks of money while going out for dinner or shopping.
You are ready to go with an Apple smartphone, Apple wristwatch, or your Mac.
The only thing you have to worry about is your balance. Subway accepts Apple pay in all their locations.