Amazon Prime provides a platform to watch over 5000 movies in several languages. It is here that you can find some of your favorite films. If you are undecided about watching a movie, you will find ratings to guide you. Similarly, you can also leave reviews on Amazon Prime for the viewers that will come after you.
Seeing that rating is an essential aspect of Amazon Prime videos, it is crucial to explore the subject widely. Do you want to know more about Amazon Prime ratings? Keep reading….
Can You Rate Amazon Prime Videos?
Yes, you can rate Amazon Prime Video movies that you have watched. Your rating will help improve future personal recommendations and help the other user decide on the movie to pick. Besides, Amazon Prime video arranges movies in the order of popularity. So, your rating will significantly contribute to a movie’s popularity listing.
As mentioned above, there are three primary methods of rating movies in Prime Video via your desktop browser. Below is a guide to these methods…
How to Rate Movies On Amazon Prime
Because the review option isn’t available on the mobile app, you can only rate Amazon Prime movies on a desktop. These are the various methods you can use to rate:
- By customer review.
- By improving recommendations.
- By using the IMDB app.
How to Rate Movies on Amazon Prime Video Using the Customer Review Option
Rating movies by customer review is simple provided you follow the steps below:
- Open your preferred desktop browser
- On your browser, go to the Amazon website
- Sign in to your Amazon Account
- On the “Accounts” and “Lists” section at the top right corner, click on the down arrow.
- Click on the “your prime video” option.
- Using the search tab, find the movie you wish to review
- Once you’ve found the movie, click on it to open it
- Last, click the “write your review” option at the top right corner. Here, you will see the option to write the review and give ratings.
How to Rate Movies on Amazon Prime by Improving Recommendations
If you choose to rate Amazon Prime Video movies using this method, other users won’t see the ratings you leave. Some may ask what then is the use of the rating? The thing is, your ratings will go a long way in improving your future personal shows and movie recommendations.
This way, you save yourself the trouble of browsing through a stack of movies, and instead, Amazon Prime Video will quickly recommend movies to your taste. You can rate movies by improving recommendations if you follow these steps:
- Launch your desktop browser and log in to your Amazon account
- Navigate to the ‘Accounts & List’ section at the top right corner and click on the down arrow close to it
- Click on the ‘Your Recommendation’ option
- Your browser will direct you to a new tab where you’ll select the ‘Improve your Recommendations’ option.
- While here, click on ‘Videos you’ve watched’ to find the shows and movies you’ve already watched
- Choose the movie you want to rate.
How to Rate Movies on Amazon Prime Video Using IMDB
You might see the IMDB ratings as you stream content in Prime Video. They are usually at the top left corner of your screen. Being a subsidiary of Amazon Prime Video, IMDB receives ratings on its platform. Prime Video also presents these ratings to customers.
Here is how to rate Prime Video movies using IDMB:
- On your browser, open the IMDB webpage
- Select the sign-in option and sign in to your Amazon account
- Use the search option at the top to find the movie you wish to rate
- Click on the movie you have selected to open it
- Move to the top right corner of your screen and click the ‘rate this’ option next to a star icon
- You can now rate the movie anywhere between one to ten stars
Why Can’t I Rate Movies on Amazon Prime App?
There have been many complaints from people using the Amazon Prime app about how they cannot rate movies. People should know that the rating feature isn’t available for the app yet.
So, if they wish to leave a rating, it’d be advisable to use the desktop browser as Amazon works to make the feature accessible on the app.
Why Does My Review Lack a ‘Helpful’ Action Under It?
Usually, your review will have a delete and edit option under it for your usage. This way, you can change your review or permanently remove it.
The helpful option is only accessible to other customers that have come across your review. Once they decide your review has been helpful, they may hit the ‘helpful’ button.
What Do I Do if I Have Difficulties Rating Movies?
While it is unlikely that you may experience problems while rating movies on Amazon Prime Video, you can always call or email Amazon Customer Service in case of anything.
Why Can’t I See My Review on Amazon?
There are three reasons your review may not be appearing. Amazon could have either deleted, blocked, or limited the number of reviews because of policy violations.
Sometimes, however, this may not be the case, as it is common for reviews to take as long as two weeks before appearing. This shouldn’t be cause for alarm.
Does Amazon Have a Profanity Filter?
Yes, Amazon Prime Video has a profanity filter. The TV Guardian automatically filters profanity and any other offensive clauses to help you enjoy your favorite shows and movies.
It easily connects between a VCR and TV, satellite receiver, DVDs, and cable boxes.
Amazon prime gives you exposure to a whole new world of fantastic movies. Watching and leaving a review on this platform will undoubtedly improve the experience on this platform. Once you decide on the method to rate the videos, the rest is easy.