There are few things more frustrating and nerve-wracking than seeing a transaction on your credit or debit card you don’t recognize.
So, what do you do if this happens on Amazon? What if someone bought something on Amazon with your card without your authorization? We looked into it, and this is what you should do….
What To Do If Someone Bought Something On Amazon With My Card
The first thing to do is call the bank immediately and tell them you don’t recognize that transaction. From there, they will open an investigation. You should also contact Amazon as they can trace what account used your card, cancel the order, and ban the individual who stole your information.
If you want to learn more about Amazon and fraud protection, keep reading..
Can Your Card Information be Stolen On Amazon?
Amazon has a lot of security measures and encryption in place to prevent identity theft. But it is possible for someone to hack into your account or steal your information elsewhere and use it on Amazon
If you have some Amazon transactions you don’t recognize, there are some important steps you need to take.
Inform The Credit Card Provider
This should be the first step in following up on this fraudulent case. This should be as soon as you notice any fraudulent activity on your account.
The provider blocks any further transaction done through the card, issue you a new credit card, and launch an investigation.
Change Your Pins
Make sure you try to change all the pins and passwords of financial accounts regularly. This will prevent further hacking into your account.
You can also use complex passwords that may make it difficult for a person to guess it and use your credit card.
Monitor And Observe All Your Card Activities
In the event of losing your credit card or being hacked, you may request credit card statements from the providers.
Sometime it isn’t one card that got stolen but multiple. You’ll want to look at all your bank and credit card information carefully to make sure they haven’t been compromised as well.
Here are some ways you can contact Amazon in the event of any fraudulent activity in your account through your credit card:
- Telephone calls: You can contact Amazon at their toll-free number at 866-216-1075.
- Postal address: You can choose to use a postal office through the following address:
Write to Amazon on:
P.O. Box 81226
Seattle, WA 98108-1226
- Contact us page: one can also reach out to them through customer care for Amazon for any fraudulent case.
Here are key details you need to include in your inquiry:
- Your contact details:This includes your mobile phone number, your full name, and the email address related to the account.
- Description of the error: Describe the error involved with clarity, consent, and honesty. State the reasons you think that is an error, and you did not start the transaction.
- Include the amount of money you suspect to have gotten lost without your consent.
- Show the transaction date and number of transactions based on the history.
- They can use the other telephone number for communication in case of any emergency.
- The bank’s name is any of the contacts that the bank can use to confirm before transferring the amount.
Before reporting any case of fraud in your credit card, you should consider the following rules:
- Amazon does this in the shortest time after the suspected fraudulent activity on the card. The policy applies to those transactions that the client has not allowed. We should register the account with amazon.
- Any victim of fraudulent must at no point have shared their password with any of the friends or relatives. If the victim has disclosed the account information to any individual, then the policy may not apply.
- Amazon is likely to refund the money lost through unauthorized transactions because of fraud only if you made the notice within the first 60 days of the calendar. This is after noticing the fraudulent activity.
Can Amazon Trace Who Used My Card?
I’s normally not easy to trace someone who has used your credit or debit card, but Amazon is able to do so. Everything on Amazon leaves a paper-trail so they will be able to see what account ordered what with your credit/debit card.
Once you notice any sign of fraud in your account, contact Amazon immediately, preferably by phone.
If they have not delivered the purchases to the person who used your card, they can cancel the order and keep the items from reaching them. Still, Amazon can track down the person who used the credit card via Amazon.
Amazon can trace your credit card and see what account used it.
How Long Does It Take To Complete The Payment Investigation?
After someone has filed a claim, wait for several days to process your payment from Amazon. To verify the case, it will take about 45 working days. This is for those victims working in the United States of America. Those victims working in different locations outside the United States of America will need to wait for the next 90 days for the process to be complete.
The Amazon Team will present to you the results once they have completed the process. Results may include clarification on where the company is liable for the losses.
The company may only be responsible for the losses that a failure on their part has caused. If an individual ignites the causes of the losses, they may not consider it a genuine claim.
The team may not be liable where there must be enough money in your account to complete the transaction or situations are out of their control, such as mechanical system failure.
If someone bought something on Amazon with your card, you need to immediately contact your banks and let them know.
After the bank has been made aware of the situation, you should contact Amazon and have them trace the credit card information if possible. If they can find the fraudulent transaction they can cancel the order and ban the customer for fraud.