Amazon Prime is so quick, sometimes orders are even delivered within 24 hour!
But what if an item you ordered hasn’t shipped? or worse, it’s been a week and there is no shipping information in sight. Why does this happen and what can you do?
Amazon Order Hasn’t Shipped After A Week
If an Amazon order hasn’t shipped, it is still being ‘processed.’ It could be this items wasn’t eligible for Prime 2-day shipping or the fulfillment center closest to you didn’t have it, causing them to ship it internally before delivering it to you.
You can always contact Amazon directly and see if there is a problem with your order specifically, but we will go over the Amazon shipping process, the cause of the delays behind it, and what you do to find the shipping status of your package…..
How Long Does It Normally Take For Amazon To Ship My Order?
Amazon say that once they’ve received your order, they will have it shipped within two days, and you should receive it within five to eight days. However, this depends on the shipping method and speed that you choose at checkout.
Amazon Prime members are entitled to receive their order within two business days.
International orders, however, are subject to different delays and delivery issues, and international customers can expect to receive their orders from any time between seven and 18 days, depending on the country.
International Amazon Prime membership guarantees that overseas deliveries will take between six and ten days.
However, all orders are subject to the same order processing dilemmas, and it is here that certain delays can occur.
Why Do Some Items Take Longer Than Others To Be Shipped From Amazon?
There are a number of reasons why our orders take some time to be dispatched, and these range from availability of items to issues with payment.
What some shoppers may not realize is that payments are processed when the item is shipped, not when the order is made.
Other issues include:
- An address entered incorrectly or unclearly
- The item is too large to be left at a PO box address or Pickup location.
- The ordered items are completely out of stock, and there is a wait for new supplies
- Supply ran out halfway through your order, so the whole order has been paused
- You did not get your order completed by the “order within countdown time”.
- You have ordered multiple items, which must be selected and dispatched from multiple warehouses
- The item was ordered on a Friday. Saturday and Sunday do not count as “business days” in the countdown.
- There is a backload of Amazon Prime orders (which take priority). If your order has a pending status, it is probably because of order backlog issues.
Regardless of the issue, it is possible to check on the status of your order and contact Amazon for reasons for the delay.
Make sure you have checked item availability on your product page because this does fluctuate daily, especially at busy times such as Christmas.
What Do I Do If My Amazon Package Still Hasn’t Shipped Yet?
If you’ve noticed that your order is still listed as pending, and you can’t see any reason for it, and you have checked for a delivery date (and there still isn’t one), then it is time to contact the company.
The quickest way to do this is to:
- Log into your account.
- Locate the order and check the supply availability once more.
- At this point you can also cancel the order; you have not yet been charged for it. If you do this, go back to orders and you should find your cancelled item in cancelled orders.
- Otherwise, select the order.
- Go to problem with order.
- Select your topic.
- Click on contact seller.
- You can also call Amazon if you want to either file a complaint or find out the reason for the issue.
What If I Have Already Paid For My Item?
If you have already paid for your item, and the item status says shipping soon, but you still want to cancel your order, follow these steps to cancel and receive a refund.
- Log into your account
- Select the order
- Click on problem with order
- Select request a refund
- Describe your problem in the text box as clearly as possible
- Click on submit
After you have completed these steps, it can take Amazon up to seven days to process your request. You should receive an email confirmation when it is completed.
How Long Should I Wait For My Order To Ship Until Contacting Amazon?
Most people who use Amazon regularly say they are happy to wait at least three days. After this, they expect the item to at least be shipped.
If Amazon has not contacted you regarding a reason for the delay (such as unavailability of item), then approach the company with your query.
If the item you have ordered is from a third party seller, or a market place seller, you will have to contact them (through the contact seller button) and ask about the status of your order.
How Do I Contact Amazon About My Order That Has Still Not Been Shipped?
On your status order page, there is a link to the seller. It is located next to the words sold by . Click on this link, which will take you to the seller’s page.
Read through the options and choose the ask a question button. State your issue as clearly as possible. You will find other options here as well, including the ability to cancel the order altogether.
However, you can’t cancel the order if it is already showing delivered. In this case, go to Amazon’s customer support and follow the instructions in the where’s my stuff information section. Items that show as delivered, but which you have not received, come under a different category.
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these articles to learn if you can use Google Pay on Amazon, what to do if your Amazon order says delivered but you haven’t received it, and can you return opened items to Amazon?
Finding out that the items you’ve ordered on Amazon still haven’t been shipped can be frustrating and disappointing. Fortunately, the situation is common, and there are a number of ways you can follow up on and resolve the problem.