If you are not familiar with Klarna, it’s a service that offers small loans through the app which lets you buy something but pay later.
It’s a very useful service for many situations, and while it does work with a lot of retailers, you may want to know if it works with Amazon and if so, how would you get started, so let’s find out!
Does Amazon Work With Klarna?
Yes, Amazon recently started working with Klarna by integrating the service into the payment options. You can download the Klarna app and using it to purchase Amazon items.
This is great news, since Klarna will let you make purchases using a 4 installment payment plan, this allows you to split your purchases into 4 payments spread over 6 weeks without interest.
If you want to learn more about Klarna, and Amazon’s inclusion of the service then stick around and keep reading!
Can I Use Klarna to Pay for Amazon Prime?
Yes, you can use Klarna to pay for Amazon Prime, which means you can split your yearly subscription into four payments, which is one of the most convenient ways to get your Prime membership.
How Does Klarna App Work With Amazon?
It’s very easy, you just have to download the Klarna app so you can make your purchases on your phone.
Then you add any item that you want to your cart and pay for it in installments which will allow you to manage those expensive purchases.
Can You Use Klarna on Amazon Without the Klarna App?
Yes, if you want to make your purchases on your desktop or laptop you can use Klarna through an extension on your browser, however, you won’t be able to get the extension if you use Google Chrome, at least not for now.
If you have the Klarna extension, you’ll get a “Pay With K” option that will show up on your screen and you’ll be able to make your payment with Klarna.
How To Get Started On Klarna
If you are interested in trying this service, you might want a bit of help to get you started.
- First, you have to open the latest version of the Klarna app after downloading it from the app store.
- Then, you’ll see an option to make a new account.
- There you’ll select “create account” where you will be asked to enter your email address as well as verify your identity with a code that they will send to your email.
- After that Klarna will ask for a phone number, which you need to complete the process (you will be sent another code to verify your identity once again).
- You will have the option to allow Klarna to track you or not, you can deny this if you want.
- When you’re done creating your account you will be directed to a page where you can find stores that accept Klarna app payments, but you can just go to the home page and start exploring since you already have a Klarna account.
How to Use Klarna App
- Once you are at the home screen in the Klarna app just tap the In-store option where you have to set up your in-store card.
- You’ll only have to do this once and add a debit or credit card to your account which needs to have at least 25% of the amount you want to spend
- Once you’re done, you’ll have your in-store card available.
- After this, you just have to search for the item that you want to buy in order to know how much you want to spend and then continue.
- Klarna may do a soft credit check, but don’t worry, it won’t affect your credit score.
- Klarna will then offer its “Pay in 4” payment plan option and it will offer you a link so you can see the details of the plan.
- You may be asked to add your credit card or bank info to Klarna, but if you already have done that then you just have to review the plan and continue.
- Finally, you will have your in-store card and Klarna will let you add it to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay account, so tap on “Next” and agree to the terms to complete the process.
Remember that most cards are only available for 24 hours and Amex and prepaid cards are not accepted.
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these articles to learn if you can use Google Pay on Amazon, what to do if your Amazon order says delivered but you haven’t received it, and can you return opened items to Amazon?
Klarna is a very good service that will allow you to manage your money conveniently when purchasing items online or in-store.
If you don’t have enough to spend on an item, you can use Klarna to split the payment into 4 parts, pay after 30 days, or with a small loan without interest or additional fees, as long as you have the app or the extension.