Everyone loves shopping for bargains. If you fall under this category, you probably love browsing the local Family Dollar store for toys, groceries, gifts, and household items.
Also, you may be searching for a contactless secure way to make your payments at Family Dollar. If you prefer using Apple Pay to purchase items from stores, you are probably wondering whether Family Dollar takes this payment method.
Keep reading to find answers to your questions….
Does Family Dollar Take Apple Pay?
Yes, all Family Dollar stores accept Apple Pay. All you need to do is set up your Apple Wallet on your iPhone and add the cards you’d like to use. To make payments using your Apple Watch, you must first link it to your iPhone Wallet.
If you have experience using Apple Pay, then you already know it is among the most convenient and safest payment methods. With this payment option, your shopping experience is made even more quick and secure. You do not have to fuss with cards or cash or stress about writing checks.
Keep reading to discover more about using Apple Pay at Family Dollar stores.
Why Does Family Dollar Accept Apple Pay?
For years, Apple and Family Dollar have been collaborating to ensure effortless transactions for customers. Family Dollar accepts Apple Pay because:
- It is secure and saves you the hassle of carrying around a lot of cards
- It enables customers to check out more quickly and also reduces dependence on cash
Where Can I Use Apple Pay?
Here is a list of some of the stores that accept Apple Pay:
- Best Buy
- Office Depot
- Family Dollar
Where Can’t I Use Apple Pay?
You cannot make payments at these stores using Apple Pay:
- Retailers: Walmart, Home Depot, Kmart, Lowe’s, Kroger, ad Sam’s Club
- Fashion and style: GAP, Macy’s, Levi’s, Adidas, KOHL’s, and Shop Disney, among others
- Food and drink: KFC, Starbucks, White Castle, Pizza Hut, Panera Bread, and Subway
- Gas stations: Chevron, Texaco, 7 Eleven, and Chevron Extra Mile
Which Apps Accept Apple Pay?
The following apps and websites accept Apple Pay as a payment option:
- Apple store
How To Set Up Apple Pay On Your Apple Watch And iPhone
The first step in using Apple Pay at any Family Dollar store is adding the cards you’d like to use to your Wallet on your iPhone. If you are yet to set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch and iPhone, follow the steps below to add the payment option to the Wallet app:
- Open the Wallet app
- Scan your credit or debit card. Alternatively, you can manually enter the numbers.
- Verify the card and accept Apple’s Terms and conditions
- You can now use Apple Pay at any Apple Pay outlet
To add Apple Pay to your Apple Watch, start by linking Apple Watch to your iPhone. Follow these steps to do this:
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app
- Navigate to “Wallet and Apple Pay”
- Select your default card
- You can now use Apple Pay at checkout
How To Use Apple Pay At Family Dollar
To make payments at Family Dollar using your iPhone, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Wallet app then select the card you’d like to use
- Activate Face ID or Touch ID if you use them or enter your passcode.
- Hold your iPhone close to the payment reader
- If the payment is successful, you will hear a beep and see the approval notification on the card reader
Similarly, when using Apple Watch, you will need to enter your passcode first before holding your watch over the contactless leader. Again, you will hear a ping or beep and sight a message indicating approval of your payment.
Other Payment Methods At Family Dollar
If you do not have an Apple device, you need not worry, as Family Dollar offers a wide range of payment options at its stores. They include digital wallets, cash, credit cards, and debit cards.
The retailer also accepts Google Pay and Samsung Pay if you wish to go for a contactless experience.
Can I Get Cashback While Using Apple Pay at Family Dollar?
If you use the Apple Pay Card at stores that accept it, you will qualify for cash-back from Apple. There is no transactional limit for the cash-back, and every transaction can attract a 3% cash-back. Apple Pay Card users usually get a cash-back for each purchase they make through the card.
Using the Apple Pay payment option during checkout makes your shopping experience at Family Dollar fun and devoid of any frustrations.
All you need to do is set up the Wallet app on your iPhone and add the debit or credit cards you’d wish to use. Next, link your iPhone to your Apple Watch.
Once you have activated your mobile device, it is time to hold your iPhone close to the payment reader. A ping or beep will let you know that your payment was successful.