Advancement in technology has simplified payment procedures globally in many stores and fast food locations.
Walking in stores and restaurants with chunks of cash is slowly becoming outdated, with many stores accepting digital technologies like Apple pay.
You can now walk into a store or order your items online and pay using your iPhone, Mac, or Apple watch.
If you are wondering whether you can check out at Goodwill, stores using your Apple pay account, continue reading this article.
Does Goodwill Take Apple Pay?
Unfortunately, it isn’t a yes or no answer. As some Goodwills do take Apple Pay but other locations don’t. Goodwill does, however, accept other payment methods such as cash, Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) and Debit Cards.
If you have been searching for used clothing and other items like electronics, you have probably come across local Goodwill stores. Many customers with Apple Pay have been unsure if they can pay using it for their purchases in the store.
Goodwill is a nonprofit charitable organization that receives and sells donated products. The proceeds from these sales are used to fund several programs, such as eliminating barriers to work and enhancing peoples’ independence from the community.
The stores have larger spaces good enough to hold these donations within their premises.
What Stores Accept Apple Pay?
There are several stores worldwide collaborating with Apple pay. Some of these stores include:
- Best Buy
- Dunkin Donuts
- Game spot
- Jamba Juice
- Trader Juice
What Form Of Payments Does Goodwill Take?
While in Goodwill stores, you can checkout using the following payment forms of payments:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
What Types Of Items You Can Purchase In Goodwill Stores
Goodwill stores sell a variety of used items in their retail stores. They include:
- Used clothes and shoes from many designers.
- Used kitchen appliances, housewares, and other small items in good working condition.
- Used or brand closest items, although only in some Goodwill stores.
- Small electronic devices.
- Gently used furniture that belongs to a certain brand.
What Is Goodwill’s Round-Up?
While making purchases in Goodwill stores, you can help in a donation by rounding up your total purchase amount to the nearest dollar. You can also donate your change at the checkout point in Goodwill stores. Your dimes, quarters, nickels and pennies are important to the program.
They can support Goodwill’s vocational program, which helps people find jobs that can sustain them economically.
Products You Cannot Donate In Goodwill Stores
The donations can be made in any goodwill store during working hours. Currently, the store does not have a pick-up service. There are certain items you cannot donate in Goodwill stores based on the need and condition of the item. Some of these items include:
- Dehumidifiers and air conditioners
- Washing machines, stoves, furnaces, refrigerators, and dishwashers
- Mattresses, bed frames, water beds, box springs, and sleeper sofas
- Car seats, cribs, medical equipment, and baby furniture
- Soiled or damaged furniture
- Large entertainment centers
- Bulbs and light fixtures
- Computer monitors, printers, laptops, and glass screen televisions
- Automotive items such as motor tires, fenders, and muffles
- Plumbing and construction materials like carpet, tubes, and windows
- Electrical bulbs and fixtures
- All recalled consumer product items
- Gas-powered items such as lawnmowers, chainsaws, and snowbladers
- Hazardous materials, paint, cleaning supplies, poisonous products, liquids, batteries, and household chemicals
- Large gym equipment, stationary bikes, and treadmills
- Explosives, weapons, flares, and ammunition
What Is The Best Day To Visit A Goodwill Outlet?
Although there is no perfect day to shop for your second-hand item, most people prefer shopping early on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Shopping these early days of the week can help you fully plan your entire week’s budget or spending plan. Most Goodwill stores receive stocks from households on Sunday night.
Therefore, anyone visiting the store during these two days of the week may be lucky to find high-quality items.
Additionally, most stores receive many customers during the weekends, so employees prefer stocking early in the week.
Does Goodwill Offer Discounts?
While shopping in any Goodwill stores around the state, you may be lucky to receive a discount on a certain item. These discounts are not frequent but happen on certain days. The store offers are as follows:
- “Color of the week” special offer which may cost you only half of the price of the targeted item
- Senior discounts offered to people above age 55 and above every Monday
- Retired military personnel receive discounts on Wednesdays every week
Do Goodwill Stores Have Dressing Rooms?
While walking into Goodwill stores to purchase your favorite dress, don’t be afraid to fit them. The stores have dressing rooms well equipped with mirrors to help you fit your clothes.
They have privacy measures in place. You can reach out to any store attendant to direct you to an occupied dressing room.
Want to learn more about where you can and can’t use Apple Pay? Check out our related posts here:
- Does Speedway Take Apple Pay?
- Does Costco Gas Take Apple Pay?
- Does DoorDash Take Apple Pay?
- Does TJ Maxx Take Apple Pay?
- Does Wawa Take Apple Pay?
If you are looking for a place to shop for used items, Goodwill stores is the right place to visit especially on Monday and Tuesdays.
The store does not accept payment via Apple Pay, but you can use other payment methods such as Master Card, Visa, Credit Card, Debit Card, and Pay Pal.
The stores also offer discounts to various categories of people like the military and older adults.
Leave a Reply