There are a few reasons why you would want to archive an order on your Amazon account, from being no longer interested in avoiding spoiling a surprise.
Regardless of the reason behind wanting to archive an amazon order, the result will always be the same, it will hide it from your history, but know that you are allowed to archive up to 500 orders per account.
So how do you do this? It’s very simple, just keep reading and you’ll have all the information you need (and more!)
How to Archive Amazon Orders
This is a very simple process and we will guide you through each step so you can successfully archive your order.
Note that you can only archive orders on your desktop, so archiving from the Amazon app is not a possibility.
- First of all, you need to go to the Amazon website and log into your account.
- Click on “Account and Lists” so you can go to your orders.
- Go through your orders and choose the one you want to archive, then just click on “Archive Order” in the left bottom corner.
- You will be asked again if you want to “Cancel” or “Archive Order”, choose “Archive Order” and you are done.
Once that’s done, anytime you want to have access to those orders, just go through them in “Archived Orders” from your Account.
Can I View Archived Orders On My Phone?
Yes, even if Amazon doesn’t allow you to archive the orders on the app, you can still view them, here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your account on the app.
- Tap the menu icon.
- Then select “Your Orders”.
- There you can choose to filter your orders, one of the options will be “Archive Orders”, choose that option and you’ll be able to browse through the orders you archived on the Amazon website.
Remember that if you want to archive orders from your phone, you can do it if you open the Amazon site through the browser.
Why Can’t I Archive My Amazon Order?
The only reason for this to happen is if you are trying to archive your order through the app, so remember to always use Amazon from the browser so that you don’t have any issues with the process.
Can You Delete Order History From Amazon?
Yes, you can, you won’t have to worry about giving away your precious gift idea to your friends and family.
Amazon gives you the option to completely delete your history, remove individual items and even turn off tracking.
How To Delete Amazon History
- First, you have to go to the Amazon website and log in
- Go to “Accounts & Lists” and then select “Browsing History” so that your history pops up.
- From there you can decide to remove a specific item by clicking on “Remove from view”
- If you want to clear your entire browsing history then you have to select “Remove all items from view” right next to “Manage history”.
How To Delete Amazon History On The Amazon App
If you are using the Amazon app on your phone and would like to delete your browsing history from there, you can do it by following these steps:
- Log in to your account on the app on any device that supports it, whether it’s iPhone, Android, or a tablet.
- First, tap on your profile and then go to “Your Account”.
- Then at “Personalized Content” select “Browsing History”
- You can delete individual items just like you would on the Amazon website.
- To delete your entire history select “Manage” and then just tap on “Remove all items from view”
How To Turn Off Amazon History Tracking
If you want to turn off the Amazon history tracking, then follow these steps:
- After logging in to your Amazon account, go to “Accounts & Lists” and select “Browsing History”
- Click on the arrow right next to “Manage History” so you can choose to turn history on or off.
How to Turn Off Amazon History Tracking on the Amazon App
- Open the Amazon app and go to your account.
- Go to “Personalized Content” and then select “Browsing History”.
- There you can select “Manage” and turn your history on or off.
And there you go, just like that, you can turn off the Amazon History Tracking on any device that supports the app.
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these articles to learn if you can use Google Pay on Amazon, what to do if your Amazon order says delivered but you haven’t received it, and can you return opened items to Amazon?
Archiving your orders can be a useful thing to do when you are planning on giving a surprise gift to someone, especially during this holiday season.
If you want to hide your orders or your browsing history, you now have the answer, so remember to always be careful if that special person is watching, and even if you want to share your order lists or your account, you can rest assured that your surprise won’t be spoiled.