For years, Amazon has been the go-to online delivery platform for many Americans. Whether you want a package delivered to you or a friend as a gift, you can always rely on their prompt services and friendly customer care support team.
But, can prevailing weather conditions affect your delivery? Does Amazon deliver in the rain? Keep reading to find out.
Does Amazon Deliver In The Rain?
Yes, Amazon ships and delivers even on rainy days. Rain or shine, Amazon and their delivery couriers such as UPS and USPS, will deliver your packages. Unless it is a severe weather condition, such as flooding, hurricane, or blizzard; you can count on Amazon delivering.
If you didn’t already know, Amazon’s headquarters are in Seattle, where rains may start from October till April. A basic rainy day won’t cause delayed shipping or delivery, it’s practically expected.
Keep reading to find out more about what to expect if you’re receiving a package on aa rainy day….
Do Amazon Packages Protect From Rain?
Unfortunately, in some places, a package brought in on a rainy day may have to wait outside until you retrieve it. Amazon drivers may sometimes place extra packaging material on the carton’s bottom and top to prevent water from penetrating its contents or cover the package plastic wrap.
Amazon has developed a way to keep parcels from getting damaged by rain. The Amazon Key system is a smart lock system that makes it possible for Amazon couriers to enter a home with the help of a one-time-key and place the parcels on the inside.
Amazon in-car delivery works similarly, allowing drivers to leave packages in the recipient’s vehicle. While both options are accessible in certain regions, they will become more prominent in the future.
What To Do If Amazon Package Ruined By Rain
If your package gets damaged by the rain, you can request a replacement by following the below steps:
- Navigate to the ‘Your Orders’ section and click on ‘Return/replace’ next to the item you want to be replaced.
- Select the item you want to return and state your reasons.
- If your time doesn’t meet the eligibility criteria for replacement, you may have to return it.
To qualify for replacement, you will need a replacement order. Afterward, you will get a return label to return the original item lest you risk paying for both items.
Where Will My Package Be Delivered When It Is Raining?
If it rains, your Amazon driver will put your package in a safe place that will remain dry regardless of the weather. If such a place isn’t available, the driver will:
- Inspect the packaging to determine whether it is weatherproof. If it is wet weatherproof, the driver will release it in the most favorable location.
- Determine that the packaging material isn’t wet weatherproof and place the package in a plastic bag before proceeding to tie off the open end.
- Leave a note in the event where it is impossible to protect the package from the weather. The note could contain instructions to the recipient on how they can retrieve their package later on.
Want to learn more about Amazon? Check out these articles to learn if you can use Google Pay on Amazon, what to do if your Amazon order says delivered but you haven’t received it, and can you return opened items to Amazon?
While the weather may be a significant hindrance during deliveries, Amazon drivers won’t let something as little as insignificant as a normal rainy day keep them from offering you top-notch delivery services.
They will ensure you get your package and get it in perfect condition. Putting the customer first has always been Amazon’s principle.